In 2020, MCFA worked with C5ISR Center (CERDEC) Directorates, Divisions and Branches to assess existing facilities and deficiencies against emerging mission requirements to create a Phase 1 Strategic Infrastructure Master plan that is now being used to identify, assess and drive priority project efforts and facility footprint optimization. MCFA also acted as project manager and TPOC for multiple technically and logistically challenging laboratory, office and administrative space renovation and modernization initiatives. MCFA completed the following services during the contract period:
- Utility Studies – MCFA provided engineering solutions for APG’s Master Plan. This first-ever mission-driven infrastructure mombined heat and power plant, as well as geothermal studies on multiple buildings to ensure effective and efficient system operations. In addition, MCFA delivered engineering solutions for mission critical lab space and high powered equipment isolation rooms.
- Space Planning & Management – MCFA oversaw the space planning and management of multiple technically and logistically challenging laboratory, office and administrative space renovation and modernization initiatives.
- Facility Master Plan – MCFA managed requirements gathering, procurement, design and construction of a $5.5 million, 15,000 square foot facility. MCFA worked in conjunction with both Baltimore and Philadelphia Corps of Engineers Districts to construct a one of a kind, world class Research and Development (R&D) facility that will serve as the leading US facility in aircraft survivability. The laboratory will explore novel and innovative means for providing superior force protection and survivability capabilities to the Warfighter. This laboratory has a specialized area of focus, to combat threats that cause harm or death to the War fighter, and damage to Army aircraft.
- Installation Design Guides – MCFA created installation design guides through assessing existing facilities and deficiencies against emerging mission requirements to create a Phase 1 Strategic Infrastructure Master plan that is now being used to identify, assess and drive priority project efforts and facility footprint optimization. MCFA followed Installation Planning Standards, UFC 2-100-01, paragraph 3-7 for the Installation design guides.
- Facility Utilization Studies – The MCFA team provided daily management of construction projects and coordination in the areas of electrical, environmental, mechanical, information technology, and security. Personnel specifically supported C5ISR Headquarters with PM/CM of mission critical spaces and project renovations, oversight of HVAC Operations and preventative maintenance that provide cost effective and energy efficient solutions. MCFA also offered construction management services for numerous mission facilities, including renovations and new facilities.