- Client USACE Louisville District
- Location Shepherdsville, KY
- Year 2020
- Project Focus Master Planning
What We Did
- Produced a Park Master Plan to guide future park development.
- Conducted field visits and reviewed all existing conditions.
- Delivered a final Preferred Alternative to the city council.
A 130-acre park south of Louisville, KY was underutilized and under-appreciated. Recent growth and shifting of residential and commercial needs due to recent economic development in the surrounded areas. Changes included the addition of an Amazon Fulfillment Center.
MCFA conducted field visits and reviewed all existing conditions inclusive of important flood needs due to the park’s location on Salt River in a flood plain. In addition, the team analyzed regional context and connectivity to define opportunities for future links to surrounding forests and parklands. Monthly meetings with the community and stakeholders were held to consider, define, and evaluate all goals and plan alternatives.
MCFA delivered a project report which presented all information gathered from community and stakeholder outreach engagements. The Park Master Plan will guide future development of the park and surrounding downtown residential and commercial areas with phase options. MCFA delivered a final Preferred Alternative which was presented to the city council.