- Client University of Maryland College Park (UMD)
- Location Graces Quarters, MD
- Year 2020
- Project Focus Master Planning/Project Development
What We Did
- Supported the development of the three-phased development vision for the site.
- Prepared a detailed business and financial plan and project implementation timeline to guide project development.
- Supported UMD in assessing the economic development impact of implementing the R2C2 campus master plan.
MCFA is supporting the University of Maryland College Park (UMD) Research Development Office with master planning and project development support services for a Robotics Research Collaboration Campus (R2C2). The development of the 65-acre remote campus will enable UMD to offer students and faculty an advanced research, simulation, and testing facility for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS). The campus will offer facilities for testing and evaluation of robotics and autonomous systems in a mixed augmented and virtual reality environment. Facilities and program offerings include shared laboratories and research staff with Army Research Laboratories (ARL) and challenge programs, joint curriculum development, and upskilling training in systems engineering and robotics.
Groundbreaking for the project occurred in June 2020 and initial phase development will be operational in September 2020.