- Client USACE Louisville District
- Location Scott AFB, IL
- Year 2021
- Project Focus Planning Charrettes/DD 1391 Development
What We Did
- Performed site visits to meet with key subject matter experts and tour available project sites.
- Conducted a virtual planning charrette.
- Delivered a report document for the development of a Child Development Center.
MCFA recently completed managing a site selection workshop, planning charrette meetings, developing the project Planning Charrette Report (PCR II), and developing a parametric project cost validation estimate. The development of the initial AF MILCON Sustainability Requirements Scoresheet and UFC 1-200-01, High Performance and Sustainable Building Requirements compliance plan are required. Planning Charrette Report II (PCR-II) as defined in AFI 32-1023 and DD Form 1391 for a new Child Development Center (CDC) located at Scott Air Force Base (SAFB) in Illinois.
Services performed included the following:
- DD 1391 Development and Planning Charettes – MCFA conducted an on-site Site Selection and an on-site Planning Charrette and developed the Planning Charrette Report II (PCR-II) and DD Form 1391 for a 12-room Child Development Center (CDC).
- Facility Utilization Assessments – MCFA performed a site investigation to assess conditions and utility connections, and interviewed key stakeholders to determine development opportunities and constraints, including environmental conditions, traffic/circulation, utility locations/capacity and proximity to existing CDC facilities and amenities. Provided a schematic to include existing conditions such as utilities, environmental and building features overlaid with the proposed CDC building footprint, and parking to illustrate the proposed layout and site capacity.
- Utility and Infrastructure Plans – MCFA held key meetings with utility providers and stakeholders in an effort to best implement the preferred site’s current and future utility and power needs. MCFA acted as liaison between the client and the utility provider stakeholders with the goal of informing the new CDC site design and providing a cost analysis of various utility service requirements for a future area development plan.