- Client US Air Force, JB-MDL Base Civil Engineer
- Year 2013-Present
- Location Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst
- Detail Planning / Project Management / Energy / Real Estate
What We Did
- Delivered unmatched energy and financial expertise
- Secured public-private partnership funding for projects
- Constructed multiple renewable energy facilities for DoD
MCFA provided Master Planning and Real Estate support to AFCEC & Joint Base McGuire-Dix Lakehurst
AFCEC and Joint Base McGuire-Dix Lakehurst, New Jersey (JB MDL), requested identification, procurement, and implementation for utility scale renewable and non-renewable energy generation capabilities.
MCFA identified multiple Enhanced Use Lease (EUL) sites and evaluated market potential for multiple energy generation project development. MCFA made recommendations and submitted a highest and best use feasibility study for solar, renewable, and other energy-producing EUL opportunities. Following approval, MCFA developed an acquisition strategy, compliant with applicable legal authorities, to secure a qualified master developer capable for this project.
The Acquisition and Execution phases were also led by MCFA, who developed strategies to see the project through negotiations to construction. These projects include a 17 MW solar facility on a 96 acre closed landfill, 13 MW solar facility on 66 acres, a biomass/alternate fuel facility and combined cycle gas turbine facility on 100+ acres. These projects represent the largest energy project within the Department of Defense*.