- Client U.S. General Services Administration (GSA)
- Location Chicago, IL; Battle Creek, MI; Cleveland, OH
- Year 2017
- Project Focus Construction Management
What We Did
- Facilitated and coordinated the actions and activities of all project stakeholders.
- Ensured that GSA’s requirements with regards to scope, schedule, budget, and quality were met.
- Acted as the Owner’s Rep for GSA by maintaining a physical presence, as needed, in buildings across all three project site locations.
MCFA served as the Construction Manager as Agent (CMa) to GSA Region 5 to provide Subject Matter Expertise in Negotiation support, Design and Submittal reviews, Construction, Commissioning and Project Close-Out oversight and support to Federal Buildings located in Chicago, IL, Cleveland, OH, and Battle Creek, MI affected by over $100M in ESPC projects.
Construction Quality Insurance Inspections and Reporting – As the CMa for each project location (Chicago, Cleveland and Battle Creek), MCFA was responsible for ensuring that GSA’s requirements with regards to scope, schedule, budget, and quality are met. This included but was not limited to performing design and construction reviews; facilitating and participating in project meetings; performing on-site construction inspections and reviews; and providing technical input to the GSA Project Team.
Stakeholder Management – MCFA facilitated and coordinated the actions and activities of all project stakeholders (GSA Engineering, GSA Property Management, ESCOs, etc.) ensuring that the project execution proceeds accordingly and the best interests of the Government are being served throughout the project.
Project and Construction Management – During the Design Phase, MCFA performed the following tasks as an Owner’s Representative for GSA: performed design reviews and provided design review comments; participated in project meetings as required; and provided technical input to GSA Project Team leaders. During the Construction Phase of each project, MCFA again acted as the Owner’s Rep for GSA by maintaining a physical presence, as needed, in buildings across all three project site locations.