- Client Army Research Laboratory (ARL)
- Location Adelphi Laboratory Center (ALC), MD
- Year 2015
- Project Focus Master Planning/Project Development
What We Did
- Prepared a system-wide Infrastructure Master Plan and companion Campus Master Plan.
- Completed a portfolio-wide inventory and assessment of key facilities at multiple locations.
- Prepared a project development policy manual that outlined key goals, objectives and policies.
MCFA has provided master planning, facilities assessments, and project development support services to Army Research Laboratory (ARL) on a continuous basis since 2015. As part of the firm’s services, MCFA recently completed a portfolio-wide inventory and assessment of key facilities at multiple locations to develop a Strategic Facilities Master Plan and location-specific Campus Master Plans to guide the implementation of short-, mid-, and long-term improvement projects. MCFA supported the preparation of a system-wide ARL Laboratory Infrastructure Master Plan and the companion Campus Master Plan to expand the existing 1.2 million square feet of facilities on the 260-acre ALC campus.
MCFA prepared a project development policy manual that outlined key goals, objectives, and policies to be used to establish criteria for the submission and evaluation of candidate projects. The policy manual is now in use by MCFA and ARL for the preparation and evaluation of 2021 capital projects proposed by internal research entities within ARL as well as collaborative joint research facilities proposed as part of collaborative partnerships between ARL and various university partners across the U.S.