- Client Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) Department of Public Works
- Location Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Date 2017-2019
- Project Focus Construction/Program Management
What We Did
- Oversaw all construction and program management, quality assurance and quality control, and construction safety.
- Ensured adherence to project schedule and budget.
- Mitigated project issues.
Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) Directorate of Public Works (DPW) faced aging infrastructure and had a need to upgrade services across the entire installation. DPW was not structured to staff and execute the large-scale project of re-powering both the North and South APG campus, which is essentially the size of two cities. The contract that was issued to DPW lacked structure and framework.
MCFA provided DPW seasoned, experienced personnel as a flexible staffing solution in support of the Installation’s Department of Public Works. To provide these services, MCFA placed four on-site construction managers to oversee all construction and program management, quality assurance and quality control, and construction safety. MCFA’s mission was to mitigate any issues that a project of this scope and size would typically face.
MCFA worked on the $300M project to ensure adherence to schedule and budget. The Electric Utility Provider (EUP) system upgrade consisted of four different projects – Project 1: Aberdeen Area (AA) 35kV Upgrade; Project 2: AA 15kV Upgrade; Project 3: Edgewood Area (EA) 35kV Upgrade; and Project 4: EA 15kV Upgrade. Once complete, the project will provide updated infrastructure throughout the APG campus and allow APG to expand and grow its facilities and services.
APG UTILITY PRIVATIZATION PROJECT SHEET