Junior Planner Opportunity
The MCFA team is an energetic and passionate team of professionals working hard to support our clients, solve problems and meet goals and deadlines. We work in a demanding, high-paced environment and we pride ourselves on being available to respond to problems by the click of a button. Our success has been driven by our culture. Our culture is driven by our core values. If you think you would thrive in our firm, we want to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Starting Requirement is to share our values. Do you?
MCFA Core Values
Customer Service – Our clients are our business – past, present and future. And our firm was built to serve them and solve their problems. Our founders came from the hospitality industry and we think that even professional service engagements should feel like a White Glove experience!
Extreme Ownership – MCFA hires people who own the problems, projects and clients we support. Project success is often decided by the team, we train our team members to think like the project owner and a business owner. This creates a sense of urgency, a proactive approach and a level of attention to detail unmatched in our industry.
Teamwork – Our team is composed of highly qualified, collaborative professionals who never hesitate to jump in and assist another team member. We value teamwork and recognize good ideas come from many minds, perspectives and points of view working together to create solutions to complex problems.
Intentional Creativity – We believe value comes from innovation and innovation comes from creativity. Creativity comes from brainstorming about ideas and the best way to a good idea is to have a lot of ideas. At MCFA we approach projects from every angle to come up with the best solutions to our client’s problems…whether its taking a military installation off the grid or helping to advance the next generation of defense research, we think big and we think outside the box.
Fun – Life is too short to not enjoy what you do and the people you work with. We aren’t looking for people who are trading time for money. We want people who love to do the work, take care of our clients, execute our projects and have fun with the team.
We are seeking to immediately fill a Junior Planner position on our Planning/Strategy Team.
The responsibilities of this role will be dynamic and may include:
- Planning, implementation and management of collaborative studies and projects for multiple clients
- Providing site, facility and space planning knowledge, skills and support
- Coordinating with client to ensure and promote success in achieving program/project objectives
- Working closely with the MCFA Management Team and clients to prioritize and execute initiatives and activities
- Independently developing solutions and execute successfully, on time and within budget
- Presentations to clients and team members
- Preparing, attending, supporting and/or running meetings which may include but is not limited to creating briefings, technical reports, spreadsheets and meeting minutes
- Production of maps, plans and graphics to support client deliverables and meetings
- Writing and editing reports, studies and associated documents
- Performing other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Planning experience and demonstrated understanding of planning concepts
- Experience with land use analysis
- Geography, graphic design and mapping background
- Ability to review and create site plans
- Document/report preparation experience
- DoD/Federal experience preferred
- Experience with MS Office and mapping/graphic design software including GIS, AutoCAD and Photoshop preferred
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to observer a situation and present creative ways to resolve issues
- Resourcefulness when responding to time sensitive situations
- Ability to successfully accomplish tasks with minimal guidance as well as the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Position requires travel to client sites
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning or Geography is desired
- United States citizenship and must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Must pass a National Background Check, E-Verify and obtain US Government Contractor Credentials
- Need to provide a writing sample and portfolio of graphic examples, presentations and technical writing capabilities
MCFA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. MCFA does not discriminate against any applicant or employee with regard to hiring, tenure of employment, promotion, transfer, selection for training, or any other terms or conditions of employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal law, or on any ground protected by state or local law in each area in which MCFA maintains facilities.
MCFA is a participant in E-Verify and employees of MCFA are required to comply with program requirements.