Resource Energy Engineer- Fort Benning, Georgia
July 05, 2017
Excellent opportunity for an Energy Manager to work for a Woman Owned Small business that supports Federal, State and Local government agencies as well as commercial clients on projects ranging from Energy Audits and Engineering to Infrastructure Program Management and Oversight.
MCFA is a consulting and development firm located in Haddonfield, NJ. MCFA’s Energy Division specializes in the audit, development, design and oversight of energy projects for facilities, campuses and municipalities with a focus on driving operational efficiencies and financial savings. For over 10 years, MCFA has supported clients ranging from the Department of Defense to local school districts in planning and executing improvements to their operations and physical infrastructure to have more effective and efficient facility and business operations. See our website at www.mcfaglobal.com for more information about MCFA, LLC.
Our Energy program focuses on achieving utility cost savings through support of facility repair and construction activities, including providing design review comments; project management support; identification of energy savings projects, construction coordination and oversight; and other support activities to ensure that installation-wide energy efficiency measures and water conservation measures are incorporated into new construction.
MCFA is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Energy Engineer to support our client at Fort Benning and other multiple locations.
The Energy Engineer may perform duties to include but not limited to developing renewable energy projects, conduct energy audits, develop and implement energy savings projects, coordinate with client
regarding potential Utility Energy Savings Contracts, and/or Energy Savings Performance Contracts projects, or other alternative financing vehicles, assist with development and implementation of the Energy
Implementation Plan and provide innovative approaches for specific projects.
• Minimum of 5 years of energy management experience.
• Identify potential energy projects, programs, and initiatives.
• Energy audits and energy project development
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM) necessary
• Support utility demand reduction to maximize cost avoidance.
• Provide renewable energy support
• Support the implementation of energy projects.
• Knowledge of alternative, renewable, and sustainable energy project execution methods to
include power purchase agreements, and energy purchase contracts.
• Experience with utility contracts and tariffs and ability to determine most beneficial rate
• Generate cost savings
• Experience with heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems, steam and hot water boilers, chillers, and other energy intensive systems and equipment.
• Effectively communicate thoughts, both in writing and oral presentations
• Work independently and proactively in achieving complex technical objectives.
• Working knowledge in the use of energy software packages and energy calculations
• Ability to work with Microsoft Programs such as Word, Excel, Access, Microsoft
Project, and Power Point
• United States citizenship - legally authorized to work in the US; and
• Ability to pass a National Background Check and obtain Government Credentials
Education and License Requirement:
• A four-year engineering degree- preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
Salary TBD based on qualifications. Competitive benefits package with Medical, Dental, 401K, vacation, holidays, life insurance, and more.
MCFA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. MCFA does not discriminate against any applicant or employee with regard to hiring, tenure of employment, promotion, transfer, selection for training, or any other terms or conditions of employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal law, or on any ground protected by state or local law in each area in which MCFA maintains facilities.
MCFA is a participant in E-Verify and employees of MCFA are required to comply with program requirements.
Send a resume