Mechanical Engineer/Construction Manager – Baltimore Maryland Area
February 16, 2017
Excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer/Construction Manager to support our growing Construction Management practice. MCFA is a Woman Owned business that supports Federal, State and Local government agencies as well as commercial clients on Energy and Infrastructure Programs and Projects. Our team supports clients in the development, engineering, construction management and oversight of Energy, Real Estate and Infrastructure solutions.
For 10 years, MCFA has supported clients ranging from the Department of Defense and local school districts to cities and private developers in planning and executing improvements to their operations and physical infrastructure to have more effective and efficient facility and business operations.
See our website at www.mcfaglobal.com for more information about MCFA, LLC.
MCFA is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Mechanical Construction Manager as an owners representative. The role is for project site work in Maryland. The responsibilities of this role will be dynamic but tasks include:
• Construction Management and Administration with an emphasis on Mechanical, Electrical and Controls features of work.
• Submittal review for contract compliance, feasibility, build-ability, environmental and tenant impacts, etc.
• Understanding schedules, identification of potential delays and helping coordinate and avoid delays caused by owner
• Quality Assurance and Oversight
• Safety enforcement
• Coordination of construction contractor schedule with property manager and tenant space
• Coordinating with stakeholders and ensures full coordination as necessary to promote success in achieving program/project objectives
• Position may require night and/or weekend work.
• Preparing for, attending, and/or leading meetings with clients, public, contractors and others
• Independently developing solutions and execute correctly, on time and to budget
• Performing other duties as assigned
• BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Controls) or Construction Management with emphasis on Engineering Experience
• PE a plus but not required
• Federal client experience is desired, GSA Experience a plus
• Minimum of 10 years Engineering and Construction/Contract administration experience
• Project experience MUST include minimum of a $15 million Controls, Mechanical and Electrical construction project in an occupied building
• Institutional, Health Care and/or Industrial experience is preferred
• Leadership and organizational management skills
• Problem solving abilities
• Ability to organize work and effectively manage time
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Resourcefulness when responding to time sensitive situations
• Self-starter with entrepreneurial/self-employed experience is a plus
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
• Knowledge of project management software (i.e. MS Project, etc.)
• Substantial experience with office automation tools (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Familiarity with construction best practices, means and methods
• Working knowledge / familiarization of building codes
• Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US
• Ability to pass a background check and to receive US Government contractor credentials
• Your experience should include engineering, construction management, office engineering, design management, submittal review, change order negotiations, construction field problem solving, construction work in tenant occupied spaces, large complex projects, project planning, problem solving, management/support to senior project management including the scheduling of activities, organizing meetings, management of project documentation such as project plans and meeting minutes, creating and managing budgets, creating and editing studies/plans/documents.
• Performing other duties as assigned
Salary TBD based on qualifications. Competitive benefits package with Medical, Dental, 401K, vacation, holidays, life insurance, and more.
MCFA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. MCFA does not discriminate against any applicant or employee with regard to hiring, tenure of employment, promotion, transfer, selection for training, or any other terms or conditions of employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal law, or on any ground protected by state or local law in each area in which MCFA maintains facilities.
MCFA is a participant in E-Verify and employees of MCFA are required to comply with program requirements.
Send a resume